Feature #18: Texture and model libraries
Validate that libraries work with the core
|Category:||Core||Estimated time:||25.00 hours|
|Target version:||v0.3s - Sunflower|
The core has functionality to handle libraries it should be enabled and tested.
#2 Updated by jbk over 7 years ago
- % Done changed from 0 to 10
- Creation: Not tested yet
- Checks: No support
- Admin accept: No support
- Submit for BOINC: Some support, this will have to be divided into two cases:
- Copy-and-use: Libraries that are directly copied into (a possible subdir of) the rendering directory and used from there. This should work with the current clients and should serve well as a test-case for the rest of the features.
- Unpack: Libraries that must be unpacked into (a possible subdir of) the rendering directory and used from there
BOINC supports the first but we will have to provide support for the latter through Glue (and hence an extension of the core submit script).
- Can we use openname with copy in the file struct to have boinc move files into subdirs?
- The core must use the session-specific name for the copied file
#5 Updated by jbk almost 7 years ago
- % Done changed from 30 to 40
Can we use openname with copy in the file struct to have boinc move files into subdirs?
The answer is "no". BOINC attempts to open the file to write to but doesn't create the directory. A bugreport number 1024 has been created upstream at BOINC
So the status is currently:
1) Copy-and-use libraries work but do not support directories due to BOINC bugs.
2) Unpack libraries are unsupported as of yet and require Glue changes.